Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just when things were looking up...

Things were looking good and going as planned for our move. We both have jobs in the new county and we finally (after looking at 35) found the right house. I was starting to get really excited. I was decorating the house in my mind (the couch will go here and the table there...) then comes the inspection report...The house has MOLD in the subflooring! yes MOLD (the really disgusting, green, fuzzy stuff sometimes found growing on food that has been left too long (WAY TOO LONG!) We just signed the paper work today to cancel our contract for the house and now we are walking away! That is actually the best $300 we have spent in our whole married life! The problem is...we have no place to call home after the 25th. We are moving out of our wonderful home on April 25th. It will be a very sad day because I love my house and my neighborhood (quiet) and my ward and friends. We are doing what is best for our family though so I know that things will work out and the Lord will take care of us just as he always has. My only question is, When? We are going to take some time off and go visit family and then hopefully find something to rent for awhile and take a break from the insanity. Then this summer we will venture out again and search for the perfect home for our family. Sorry for the novel here but I just had to get it out and this is the best way for me to do it right now. T is not home because he is so busy with work and school and teaching, so I turn to you, the blogging world to cry about my situation and yet try to remember how good I have it.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey! We have 2 spare bedrooms!! That's not too far for you guys to commute is it?!?!? Seriously, if you want to come down for a visit, come anytime!!
~Carrie

Bilary said...

Oh Shannon! I am so sorry. What a disappointment. Do you need a girls' night out? Or do you just need to beat the crap out of something and cry and scream and stamp your feet and get it all out? We could go away and find a padded room somewhere! I know a few other people who could join us!:)

Really, please call me. I am always here and I would love to help you with anything! I don't want you feeling lonely. Call me any time PLEASE!

Breanne said...

It's better to have found out about the mold now, instead of 6 months after you bought the house, right???
Good luck with everything, I'll be thinking of you!

Kris said...

That's horrible!!!! How frustrating. Grrr....